Friday, December 16, 2011

More ATT Uverse TV Channels to go?

We don't have Hallmark because ATT Uverse was unable to negotiate a "fair" price for it. Now we are being threatened with losing DIY,HGTV,Cooking, and Food channels at the end of October. Notice anything? All channels that women watch. No sports channels. Do you think we stand a chance of getting a discount?|||It's not just women. I'm an old guy who does all the home improvement, repairs, and cooking in my house, and those are some of my go-to channels. I'm a big fan and supporter of U-verse, but if channels like that disappear, I'm going back to the antenna, landline phone, and DSL.





AT%26amp;T, are you reading this?





-----------------


Followup per the other answer. I wouldn't give up yet. I just found that AT%26amp;T and other carriers are obligated to make announcements like that when no agreement is reached on a contract renewal with less than 30 days to go. That doesn't mean that they will not reach agreement.





However, we *did* lose the Hallmark channel that way, so anything is possible.





As to other carriers like satellite, there's no guarantee that they won't do the same thing for the same reason.





The good news: the owners of those channels can't stay in business if they don't have service providers carrying them. They'll be motivated to reach agreement with AT%26amp;T or any other provider if at all possible. Failure to do so will hurt the bottom line of both sides.|||Bad news! I'm getting Uverse connected on Wed. These aren't my favorite channels but they are on my regular channels. I hate Comcast and thought ATT was the answer. I guess not.





Can we trust a dish in the windy city area? Wisconsin vacations in the North woods have proven that it doesn't work on cloudy or windy days...what to do?





I hate answering your question with another question but I/m as perplexed as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment