Saturday, December 24, 2011

Just got ATT uverse and have a few questions....?

Well first off, I have a Panasonic viera 46" plasma or lcd....also my ATT bundle is u200.





With uverse normal shows like on nbc come in with that annoying black bar on top and bottom of the actually show. Can I fix that to be full screen?








Second, if I buy an hdmi cord can I watch hd channels? Or how does the hdmi cable work? I'm new to that concept I've been just sticking to the regular channels and stuff like that. Any feed back would be helpful.|||First, check the specs on your HDTV to see if it has a 720p or 1080p display. Once you find that, you need to set your U-Verse box to match it. Use the U-Verse remote, go to MENU %26gt; OPTIONS %26gt; SYSTEM OPTIONS %26gt; ASPECT RATIO. Select and save 720p if your set has a 720p screen. Select 1080i if your set has a 1080p screen.



That should take care of the black bars on HD channels IF you are paying for the HD option on U-Verse. You might still get then, mainly on the left and right, on non-HD channels.



The HDMI cable is the prime choice for connecting your HDTV to the U-Verse box (or any satellite or cable box). Highly recommended. And don't spend too much--the cheapest one you can find (about $10 at a local discount store, or $5 on line) will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment