Saturday, December 24, 2011

How To Change IP Address with ATT Uverse 2Wire Router?

On my old ATT/SBC 2wire router all I had to do was unplug the power for for a min and doing so would give me a different IP address. Now I have the ATT Uverse 2wire Router which is a CABLE driven Router that doubles for providing both cable TV and Internet service and simply unlugging it or hitting the reset button does NOT result in changing my IP address!





I've called ATT spoke with Tech services Level 1 and level 2... basically, they were not helpfull.





ANYONE have any solutions on how to get a different IP address (other than paying for a Proxy Service)?





THANKS!!|||With DSL and cable, whenever your modem connects to the internet it pulls an IP from a pool of IPs. Turning the modem off for a bit and then reconnecting it will log you back in with your ISP, and you will pull another IP from the pool.|||did you find how to do this?





Thx

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment